Re: Painting Accomplished.

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Painting Accomplished.
From: Brian Neuschwander <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 18:02:03 -0700
> The Change to the Push Button handles and the anti-burst latches
> happened at Commission number FC56578.
>
> Joe Curry
>
> Brian Neuschwander wrote:
> >
> > > the MK2 doesn't have the rotating handles, unless yours is a
> > > really early Mk2.....
> >
> > Yep, it is.  In fact, my nephew has a later commission number MKII that
> > is actually registered here in California as a 1966.  It also has
> > rotating door handles.
> >
> > --
> > Brian W. Neuschwander

I saw three early cars lined up in a driveway.  The latch side of the
jambs are very different.  Some have asked if conversion to later type
is possible.  I would say not without sawing out the jamb and welding in
the later one.

There is also another subtle difference in body manufacture.  The front
of the rear fender seam on some (I think the earliest) cars
terminated closer to the door opening.  A change was made, possibly to
prevent water puddling, to move the end of the seam back about an inch.
Some replacement ss seam covers may seen to not fit.  This is why.

Anyone run into this?

Hope these useless details can be of help.
--
Brian W. Neuschwander
79 Spitfire  10AUG74