Re: Welding on Gas Tank-WARNING!

To: Brad.Kahler@141.com
Subject: Re: Welding on Gas Tank-WARNING!
From: Brian Neuschwander <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 13:34:20 -0700
Brad-

The water displacement method is safest, but only works if the tank can
hold the water, like not haveing a crack.  You are OK here from what I
understand.  I think a lot of tank danger is that sometimes the heat
"cooks" out chemicals from the coating, paint, fuel residue, and even
welding byproducts, that can possibly ignite in the tank.  But on the
other hand I have read about welding in underground tanks half full of
fuel using the dry ice method and breathing equipment.  Ya.  I'll leave
that for the other guy.

--
Brian W. Neuschwander