Re: Yesterdays frustration...

To: Brian Neuschwander <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Subject: Re: Yesterdays frustration...
From: Andy Warfield <warfiel@gaul.csd.uwo.ca>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 13:04:19 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 14 May 1998, Brian Neuschwander wrote:

> Was I nervous screwing in on the bonnet latches!  I am famous for over
> twisting the screwdriver and having it leave the screw under full force.

Brian,

        Actually... it's been a rough couple of weeks.  Last week, while
(hurriedly) putting a wheel back on, I twisted a little too hard and
snapped one of the wheel hub studs off.  To my dismay, the hub studs
aren't anywhere near as large as on any common car and cannot be picked up
at a hardware store.

        I went out to a local british car place (the Mini Man, in Carp)
who had an interesting story.  He said he had a whole bunch of new studs
in stock, but that some guy took his TR into canadian tire earlier in the
week, and that they managed to snap all 16 studs.  I would like to have
seen the mechanic's face when he realized that he didn't have studs in
stock, and had no way to take the car off of his lift.

        Fortunately he had a scrapped GT6 in the back, and he banged a
stud out of it for me.

        Andy.

---
Andy Warfield