Possesed Tachometer

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Possesed Tachometer
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A)
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 09:22:56
Here is a quick question concerning the Tach on my '79 Spit.  When I start
the car the Tach does not rev up,  it will start anywhere from 30 Seconds
to 2 minutes later, and sometimes it stops while I am driving, usually
while stopped.  If I tap on the lense it will work, but a friend told me
this is bad to do.  He says he has the same Problem with his Spit.  Is this
just one more fluke from the Prince of Darkness (Lucas), or is this a
common or uncommon problem.  Thanks for any input.

Patrick Bowen
'79 Spit