What not to do and Deadline for car stuff + other rambelings

To: Spit Fires <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: What not to do and Deadline for car stuff + other rambelings
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 12:39:00 +0000
So after doing my Mathmatics for Computer Graphics Exam (again 2nd -
retake), and discovering that I can apply for special circemstances
owing to the fact I have ?dyscalcula? this is what the chap said so who
am I to argue.  Mind you I would not even have to take an exam in it if
I took the course this year, becuse the uni recongised it as stupid to
have an exam in a subject where you are expected to look anything else.
So hopefully I shold not have to do that again.  Anyway I know have alot
more time to spend getting my car on the road!

So this weakend I lernt a lesson with regards to ball joints.  In that
you must compleatly cleen the threads before you start to undo the nut
on them!  I did not, and the thing sporated from the tapered hole, and
just sat there turning.  So I had to hacsaw through the good ball joint
a the top.  Grind two flat's into it with which to put a spanner on to
undo the nut.   It still took some doing, put somthing over the other
threads on your vertical link when you do this, it will go flying onto
the floor.  Anyway the second hand vertical link is nicely Hammerited
and looking like new now, and the stubaxil on it has actualy got a
thread unlike the one it's replaceing.  Although it's a littel bashed
about.

Anyway here's my list of things I need to do!

Critical Appraisal for Uni

Put me new Aluminum bike together - once I have everything

1.  Make an engin mount for my gearbox which is not a proper Spifire
box.
2.  Re-bush the front suspension, replace the shocks.
3.  Weld up or even replace the chassis - antirole bar mount plate.
It's almost split in two.
4.  Make shure I use anti sease stuff on everything.  Each nut takes my
on average 20 minuets, I was on one for 7 days or more.
5.  Steering rack, take it out, put it back properly so as to stop the
car having 2 1/2 turns to the right and 1 1/4 turns to the left, and
re-gresse.  But theres one bolt that refuses to release.
6.   Put the bonnet back to gether, and re-weld the bolts that sheared
on it.  And bend the bent support arm back.
7.  Replace rear shocks, and brake pads - reset handbrake.

So do you think it can be done by the middel of June!
--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot