Re: Thermostats

To: gbowley <gbowley@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Thermostats
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 20:48:39 -0400
At 02:35 PM 5/19/98 -0400, gbowley wrote:
>With all this talk about thermostats, I was wondering if someone could
tell me
>what they see for typical temperature gauge readings?

<weather report Snipped>

Glenn,

My '79 Spit (with factory electric fan/ slant radiator [recently boiled],
two leaking tubes bypassed) shows about 1/2 scale temp reading when moving,
and 3/4 scale when the fan radiator cuts on.  That's mid-80-'s temps outside.

If your temp rises when the engine is working hard, check or replace the
radiator cap, or have a gas station check the pressure of your cooling
system.

Is it the season for the Radiator Theory Thread on the Triumphs list?  I
guess so.

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO
Succasunna, NJ USA
"Now that cars are better, why do they keep lowering the local speed limits?"