Re: wheel size

To: bharris <harris88@rochester.infi.net>
Subject: Re: wheel size
From: Chris Taylor <spitfire@worldchat.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 20:41:03 -0700

bharris wrote:

> Friends,
>         Has anyone heard of using 14" wheels on a Spit?? I was told by a
> wheel dist. that they have sold 14" wheels for a Spitfire,but would feel
> better hearing from someone that has used them.
>                                                 Thanks,
>                                                 Bob Harris

  Bob
I have 14 X 6 wheels on my 75 Spit.
They were made by ROH in Australia but I'm advised
that they are no longer available.
Wheels are alloy and fitted with P185/60R14 tires
No clearance problems and they give the car a little
wider stance. I have had quite a few positive comments
on the way the car looks with them and the car seems to
ride solid with them
Hope this helps
Chris Taylor
75 Spitfire
Burlington, Ont

PS I can email a picture off list if you like