Joes Doors & Brads Exhaust Pipe

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Joes Doors & Brads Exhaust Pipe
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 1998 14:19:10 -0600
HI All,

Where Joe seems to always have problems with the doors on his
spitfire I seem to be having the same problem with the rear muffler
hanger!!

A few weeks ago I installed the same kind of rear muffler hanger as
suggested by Joe.  Seemed to be working fine.  Well I was out on the
highway cruising along about 70 when I heard this scraping sound
coming from behind.  I immediately had this fear of the pipe
dragging.  Pulled over to the side of the road and sure enough thats
what it was.  Turns out the rubber mount, same as used on a spitfire
tranny mount, tore in half.  I must have had a premenition or
something before this trip because as I was walking out the door I
grapped a bundle of tie wraps.

Its amazing what you can do with a tie wrap!!!

Well I think I'll fix the hanger and get in a little more driving.

Later

Brad  (In Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)

1964 Spitfire4            BFC25720L (In "Teething" Mode right now)
1966 TR4A                CT72398L (Slowly gathering the needed parts)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108 (Frame painted, now suspension)