Re: do we have a corner here ?

To: Joe Whalley <jw@mail09.mitre.org>
Subject: Re: do we have a corner here ?
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 06:57:05 +0000
If people stayed relevant most of the people who "Experts" on this list
would probably leave.  I think you have to view both the Triumph and
Spitfire list as not just car problems, but the whole culture of owning
this particular car.

Some topics are a bit off key, but considering the amount of chat like
that is only 10 or 20K that's half a second of modem time then it don't
bother me at all.  If you cant get at least 20K per second then get a
new modem - web provider.  My mail reader is blessed by a delete key,
and treed threaded message sorting.  This enables me to delete all the
replies to a certain message, even if that message is part of a thread
that I am interested in.

Mind you completely irrelevant messages like the infamous "Testing -
please delete" does get taxing.

The one question I would ask to anyone who raises this point is would
you say the same thing at a club meet?  Whist in the pub would you
endeavour to keep the conversation on the merits of X brand of oil over
Y?

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot