Spit MKIII '70 questions

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spit MKIII '70 questions
From: Ripart Lionel <ripart@ipce.eu.sony.co.jp>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 17:34:48 +0200
Hello experienced people,

I have questions for you to show your knowledge about variations on Spit MK=
III:
I've seen a spit yesterday in Munich, Germany and I'm thinking about buying=
 it and becoming a member of the triumph family. I was just surprised by on=
e thing: The light for rear gear is in the middle just over the registering=
 plate in a painted box (not chromed) instead of the nice 2 small white lig=
hts beside the indicator light.  The first registration of this car is 1970=
 and has been completely renewed in a garage in 1990. Is this original for =
a MKIII 70 ? Is it very rare  ? I have never seen it before. I don't like i=
t so much...

The car is running fine, but there is some noise coming from the rear axle.=
 (The differential has been replaced in 1990).
So what exactly I would have to replace if I want to get rid of this noise?=
 I would probably fit an overdrive in the same time.=20

Then, I would need a manual. I used to have a Haynes manual but it has been=
 lost in one of my movings. So I have to buy one again. I've heard that Ben=
tley manual was better. I go to the UK in 2 weeks. Where can I get it ?

Thanks for helping me

        Leo in Munich, Germany