Plumbing questions

To: Spitfire Mail List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Plumbing questions
From: Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 07:55:45 -0400
First, thanks to all that I didn't contact directly regarding tips on
the manifold removal.  The new header and dual inlet manifold are now in
place.  Also, thanks to Joe Curry for the assistance in what was
originally an ill-fitting header -- first time I've used that 3' crowbar
in the corner of the garage.
As most of you know, the '80 spit was originally plumbed for an
automatic choke.  Also, the original inlet manifold had one opening at
the front and rear for coolant and the new manifold has a "t" at the
rear (two openings.)  Originally, a line travels from the heater control
valve to the rear of the inlet manifold.  This line is t'd, with another
hose going to the lower opening of the auto choke.  A hose from the
heater, also t'd, traveled to the heater rail and the upper opening of
the auto choke.
I'm pretty sure that the new connections would be to have the hose from
the heater to the heater rail and that the hose from the heater control
valve connects to the rear of the inlet manifold.  This leaves me with
the hose leads for the original upper and lower auto choke and the
additional opening at the inlet manifold.  Should I just blank all three
off?
And then there is the subject of emissions.

Best regards,
Ed Hamilton