Re: Any ideas on replacing door/ingtn. locks? (on my '65 Mk. II)

To: ajb23@dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Any ideas on replacing door/ingtn. locks? (on my '65 Mk. II)
From: GT6in@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 18:11:08 EDT
ajb23@dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu writes:

> I was fortunate enough to end up with the $70 it took to grab a set of
>  matching locks from Vickie Brit recently, but I am curious as to how to
>  replace the door locks... They seem impossible to get to first thing (the
>  openings in the doors are very limited) and I havent a clue how to
>  remove/replace them.  The Haynes manual shows me how to remove the actual
>  latch part, but not the lock.  Any ideas would be helpful.

If I recall when I did my GT6 you have to remove the locking mechanism and
remove the bar that goes from the interior door hadle(held in by a pin clip).
That should clear up some space.  Now just squeeze the two slots that hold in
the keylock and pop it out.  That part I found a pain, but I was able to pry
the locks out from the out side since my car is not painted yet.
Best of Luck,
Tom