Any ideas on replacing door/ingtn. locks? (on my '65 Mk. II)

To: <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Any ideas on replacing door/ingtn. locks? (on my '65 Mk. II)
From: "Andrew J. Braverman" <ajb23@dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 18:38:23 -0400
I was fortunate enough to end up with the $70 it took to grab a set of
matching locks from Vickie Brit recently, but I am curious as to how to
replace the door locks... They seem impossible to get to first thing (the
openings in the doors are very limited) and I havent a clue how to
remove/replace them.  The Haynes manual shows me how to remove the actual
latch part, but not the lock.  Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks in Advance

-Andrew

BTW... I am also replacing the ignition lock - shouldnt be a problem, but if
anyone has any cautions or caveats, I would appreciate it.

Thanks again