Oh What a Day!

To: Spitfires Maillist <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Oh What a Day!
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@idirect.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 09:01:55 -0400
Sorry if this is a little long...

The day started out nicely. I rescued a sandpiper floating in my pool. Hey do
you know they can swim underwater? Dried the little thing off and warmed it up.
Just as my wife and I were releasing it, the fox stopped by for a short visit
and then trotted off on his/her hunting trip.

By mid afternoon, I got all my work done. Then...I DID IT.

After 9 1/2 months of suspension re-build, rocker panel replacement, frame
straightening, minor body work, and a complete paint job, I took my wife for an
hour drive in the 76 Spitfire. Oh What a Day! Just like the song. Then we went
home and cracked open a bottle of champagne and celebrated.

The car ran flawlessly and even better than before. This was mostly due to the
nylon bushing on front and rear, and a new rear spring. Of course the new
aluminum wheels and tires really helped as well. And the car looks great, even
if I have to say so myself. Come see it at the TRF Summer Fest in August. I'll
be there.

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire  (ready to rock and roll)
Thornhill, Ontario