RE: Vacuum advance, DGV, 79 Spit

To: "'spitfires@Autox.Team.Net'" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Vacuum advance, DGV, 79 Spit
From: "Childs, David" <dchilds@epri.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 09:56:05 -0400
My vacuum advance/retard  on the distributor should be seeing the same
thing as my gauge.  There is only one port on the carburetor that has
a vacuum.  Judging from my gauge I would guess that the vacuum port on
the carb is before the throttle plate.  My question was not stated
vary clearly.  For the distributor that comes standard on a 79 spit,
is this the correct location for the vacuum port?  It does not seem
like this is the correct location.

Dave C
79 Spit