more Vacuum advance, DGV, 79 Spit

To: "'spitfires@Autox.Team.Net'" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: more Vacuum advance, DGV, 79 Spit
From: "Childs, David" <dchilds@epri.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 07:32:12 -0400
I think that there may be a difference in distributors.  From 1962 to
74 had vacuum advance.  From 75 to 80 there were two forms of
electronic ignition.  It looks like the one with the remote amplifier
had vacuum advance and the other on had vacuum retard.  Now here is
where I am out on a limb, I would guess that the DGVs that have only
one vacuum port will not work all that well with cars that have a
vacuum advance.  I will drill and tap my manifold and use that port
for the vacuum advance.  I will keep the list posted.  I will gladly
eat humble pie if someone can correct me.

Dave C
79 Spit with CEI distributor ;)