Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder

To: "'spitfires@Autox.Team.Net'" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Clutch Slave Cylinder
From: "Childs, David" <dchilds@epri.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 07:45:24 -0400
I did all work from underneath the car.  You will yell at the engineer
who put it there but you will get over it.  I installed a speed
bleeder.  It seems to work.  They can be a little finicky, you have to
open them just so far or they don't work correctly.  I had a cheep
spanner that I cut down so that I could operate the bleeder more
easily.  I would recommend this.  The one stupid thing I did is I did
not know I had to REMOVE the pinch bolt.  I thought I could just
release the tension, NOPE!  If you are going to the effort of
replacing all the rubber in the system you may wish to think about
going to silicone.  The silicone will not eat the paint when it gets
on the paint.

Good luck!

Dave C
79 Spit