Fear

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fear
From: Bill Kelly <kelly@dss.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 00:14:30 -0400
It's Saturday night. Daughter finally in bed, I am lying face up on the
driveway, WAAAY under the car, replacing the tired old nyloc nuts on the
prop shaft and axles. Mosquitoes, attracted by the drop light, are
humming in my ears, stopping every so often to graze.

Suddenly, my mood turns from annoyance to terror, as the unseen, unheard
nocturnal forager makes his nearness known. SKUNK!!!

Humming unthreateningly, to alert the visitor to my presence, I slide
out from under the car and, seeing that my path to the back door is
clear, race into the house.

I'll turn off the drop light in the morning.

It's been a slow day. Is anybody out there?

Bill Kelly
'62 Herald, w/ 6 nylocs done, 10 to go