Re: Spitfire Driveshaft U-joints

To: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@idirect.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Driveshaft U-joints
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 14:05:22 +0000
Your car has an over-drive?   I think my car was once converted to an
overdrive, certanly the chassis mount plate is of the overdrive type.  I
think my car has a longer nonstandad gearbox extender/remotecontrol on
its non-overdrive box rather and an overdrive.   This is probebly beaing
run with the shorter overdrive propshaft.

Hence the problems getting the proper gearbox mounts for my car to
replace the old engin mount, there arn't any.  Is the diffreance
betweent the two shafts just the length?

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot