Re: Dem da brakes

To: "Bayrock, Michael" <michael_bayrock@bctransit.com>
Subject: Re: Dem da brakes
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 13:46:08 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 17 Jul 1998, Bayrock, Michael wrote:

> I've discovered that the rear adjusters are
> seized solid.  I've got them soaking in Liquid Wrench right now, but
> does anyone have any other suggestions on how to break (brake?) the
> Al/Fe bond that develops between the components?

I've found that  the soaking in whatever solvent as you're doing, and as
needed the heat of a propane torch is usually quite sufficient to get
them apart. And I usually use the same white lithium grease that I use to
make sure the wheel cylinder slides nicely on the backing plate and the
ends of the shoes on the adjustor and wheel cylinder, and the handbrake
cable lever....

--Andy