sob...

To: <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: sob...
From: "Andrew J. Braverman" <ajb23@dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 16:21:09 -0400
Ahh, friends and fellows...  I have just been informed by the gentelmen at
British Miles that one or more of the DPOs of my beloved 65 Mk. II probably
went out to fix it with "shoelaces"... things I, with my severly limited
expereince, didnt know to look for - the PCV valve was upside down (?) and
instead of the proper spacers between the manifold and engine block, on one
of the bolts there was a set of assorted washers...

oy...

So, I am going to be paying Tom, the owner, for like 3 hours of his time and
he is going to give me a crash course in Spitfire mechanics... thats a good
thing, at least...

so - I guess its time to give up on the idea of this as my daily driver
  time to get some reliable, ugly POS to get to work and back so I can fix
the poor little Spit that was neglected for so long...  (anyone selling?  or
want a laptop for a car? :)  )

By the way- I do want to anounce (imho) that British Miles is an
establishment of high quality and a lot of class, and is deserving of trust
& respect...

sorry for rambling (but you know how it is when you find out your baby is
hurting)

Later

-Andrew