Whoo hoo!

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Whoo hoo!
From: ualbert@juno.com
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 21:22:53 -0500
I think this is my very first post to the Spitfires only list. I'm also
on the regular british cars digest where I received all sorts of help.
Today after numerous red tape, I was able to get the Spitfire passed for
emissions(it mainly consisted of me showing them where the catalytic
convertor was at), tabs and all, without the car failing me. It has been
off the road for the last three years due to economy problems(working at
Blockbuster didn't help), and numerous repairs. I missed meeting an
emissions tester employee guy  who had a nice TR-7 parked, hoping he
would test my car shownig sympathy if I were to fail.

Anyways, here's my question. What parts I should get(guage wire, etc?) to
make a brand new positive battery cable? Mine's shot, and has one time
came off the battery. I'd like to simply build one from scratch and be
done with it. Also, what is the correct torque for the lug nuts to the
wheels? I've taken them off and on plenty of times, but canot find
anywhere in the manuals what is the correct torque.

If you want to see some crummy pictures of my car(I just lost my internet
acess right after I got my newly developed pics) go to
http://www.vulgar.net/~british/car/spit.html