Re: Spark Plug Gap with Lucas Sport Coil ?

To: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Subject: Re: Spark Plug Gap with Lucas Sport Coil ?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 19:20:28 -0400
Atwell Haines wrote:
> A wide gap makes it harder to start especially after the plug electrodes
> get worn and rounded.   New cars often specify .040 to .050.   With the
> extra output of the Sport coil you may get away with it.

  It's been my experience that the long gap makes it a lot
easier to start when all is equal and reasonably healthy.

  The bigger spark just has a better chance of igniting
the very globby and ill-distributed fuel air mix that
you get when cranking at 200rpm.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/