Re: Coolant temperature

To: Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: Coolant temperature
From: David Stevely <DStevely@webleicester.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 23:23:30 +0100
Forgive me if I'm wrong but my understanding of the operation of the IC
engine is that the hotter it can be made to operate the more efficiently it
will burn the fuel.  Hence the study of things like ceramic engines which
operate at very high temperatures and the presence of a thermostat in a car
engine to regulate the temperature at the maximum possible with a water
cooled system.

If you however want a further drop in coolant temperature you could remove
the thermostat and conect an electric fan with no switch which would lower
the coolant temperature by at least a further 20%.

Could someone confirm or deny my understanding of this.