NOS vs. Repro sheetmetal...

To: Spit List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: NOS vs. Repro sheetmetal...
From: Peter Ficklin <pficklin@qnis.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 16:34:32 -0700
Spit pilots,
  I am at the point where I'm going to order the sheetmetal I need to do
the bodywork on the '63.  Basically, RH rocker cover, RH inner sill, RH
inner sill strengthener & LH front floorpan.  Anybody got any input on
the *ACTUAL* differences between the REPRO & Factory/NOS(?) pieces
offered by TRF or SpitBits?  There's quite a price difference, and I'd
like to know if it's worth buying the original, or if there are any
*serious* problems someone has run into with the repro stuff.  Thanks
much...

Peter Ficklin
'63 & '68 Spits
Fresno, CA