Re: Engin's

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Engin's
From: Dean Rayner <Dean@drayner.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 16:12:40 +0100
>Do you ever have Spitfire engins "Yep - we have a midget 1500 engin at
>the moment"
>
>So they expect to have this engin for about a month, and want 200 pounds
>for it, if it's no good I get my cash back.  It's the whole engin minus
>the carb's.
>
>So do you recon it's worth a go if my car passes it's MOT?

Why do you feel the need to fit a 1500 engine?
Is it for performance?

If so, then you would be better spending the money on an extractor
manifold, a pair of K&Ns and get it tuned on a roling road.

The 1300 is a better bet to tune than a 1500.  It is a shorter stroke
therefore it revs more freely.

Dean