MOT Soon - brake query

To: Spit Fires <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MOT Soon - brake query
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 09:24:03 +0000
Went to the local Nissan dealership on friday, and treated the car to a
new battery.  I got a 45 AH battery from a Micra.   It seems to fit
perfectly across the battery compartment, but there two inches of gap at
the front of the compartment.  It's higher than the old battery, but
there is plenty of room.  I would however advise those terminal covers
just in case.

Turned the car over for 15 seconds, pulled out the choke,  it started
within 1 1/2 seconds.

I can now drive the car in and out of the garage, but until it goes to
it's MOT that's as far as it can go.  Thanks to all who have helped me
up to now.

My only concern is the brakes and the MOT.

When I press the foot brake first time it goes down a long way, the
second time it gets harder although still squidgy.

On the brakes it has had.

The brakes leaked when doing work on them, and the MC drained.

new disks, pads, seals, hoses front.
new shoes back.
Rear brakes adjusted, and had brake adjusted.
Even with the rear brakes adjusted so they are hard to turn the hand
brake takes loads of clicks to lock.

The right rear slave blead nipple was snaped off by an over enthusiastic
DPO, and my bolt extractors won't budge them.  Thus that part of the
system can't be blead.  The rear brake flexible brake lines seem to be
deolveing in the oil that's covering them.

So before the MOT do you think I should get a new rear SC, and rear
flexible lines.  Should I also get a rubber kit for the MC?

How do I balance the handbrake between sides, it seems to go on one side
more than others.
--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot