Re: seat rails

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: seat rails
From: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 06:49:38 PDT
I was looking at my rails last night trying to figure out how to make
them slide again.  Mine aren't "rusted to bits" but they do have some
rust and they don't move at all.  I got the retainer arm to clear the
rails so all that is holding them in place is the rust. I'm a pretty
tall guy and unless I figure this out I'll never drive this car.  Any
ideas short of removing the seat?  I tried to do that last night but I
found that stupid nuts holding them on are metric and I didn't have the
right wrench.  Plus if I take them out I'm afraid they might fall apart
or fracture.

thanks

Ryan Smith
Mechanical Engineering, VPI&SU