Re: battery box removal and tonneaus

To: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>, <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: battery box removal and tonneaus
From: "Pat and Kammy Willems" <pwillems@cyberramp.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 16:29:56 -0500
Ryan,
You are correct, the battery box is held in by spot welds.  You can either
use a 1/4" drill bit or a spot weld cutter to get the old box out.  You can
buy a spot weld cutter from Eastwood.  Drill out the spot welds, use a cold
chisel to finish cutting the welds, and drop in the new box.  Here is the
problem.  Do you have a MIG welder or know someone who does?  If not, you
can go by a body shop, drop some dollars and they will plug weld in the new
box.

Have fun.

Pat
'72 Spit MK IV