Re: Luca Alternator question

To: neil.mcallister@fvrl.bc.ca, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Luca Alternator question
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 1998 22:28:11 EST
In a message dated 98-10-31 01:24:14 EST, neil.mcallister@fvrl.bc.ca writes:

> I'm in the middle of buying a used Lucas alternator from someone on the
list.

>   He is selling a Lucas 15ACR.  The specs in my owners manual show that my
> 1980
>  1500 should use a Lucas16ACR.  Will a 15ACR work in my car?

Neil,

The short answer is yes, the longer answer is it may require some minor
reworking of the electrical connections and the mounting details.

You probably don't want to do this though, as the 16ACR has a rating of 34
amps, while the 15ACR is rated at only 28 amps.

If you go ahead with it, let me know if you need help with the electrical
mods.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://www.sky.net/~boballen/mg/Masters/index.html