Re: bad tire experience

To: KEVIN EDDINS <EDDINSK@NRISO.NOLA.NAVY.MIL>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: bad tire experience
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2)
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 09:32:25
Yes you are right and keep arguing.  Most dry rot is caused by rubber being
stored where it is excessively wet (i.e. half covered over with mud in a
field) or by UV rays, since your car is stored in neither place this really
shouldn't be a problem - argue away, and I hope it turns out well

Patrick

At 12:02 PM 10/31/98 -0600, KEVIN EDDINS wrote:
>I purchased a set of Goodyear Regattas from Kmart two years ago.  My
>car gets driven a couple of times a week as it has for the last five or so
>years.  The two rear tires are displaying a huge case of dry rot on the
>inside around the rim.  From a distance it looks like huge slits in the tire.
>
>Anyway, I brought the tires back with 4-5K miles on them and they
>refused to replace the tires!  The guy said that is what I get for not
>driving the car more, and the best he can do is offer me a 25% discount.
>
>Boy am I peaved.  My car has been in a carport and driven weekly and I
>get this crap from them.  I have road hazard and they are 65K mile tires.
>
>I will be talking to the managers boss on Monday to try to sort this thing
>out and hopefully be the end of it.  If not I might make due with a handy
>road hazard to get them replaced.
>
>Am I right to be totally angry at this and think it is complete stupidity.
>
>Kevin Eddins

Patrick Bowen
'79 Spitfire
Jacksonville FL