Totally topless = rollover safety?

To: "Laura G." <savercool@email.msn.com>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Totally topless = rollover safety?
From: Chip Mautz <clmautz@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 12:07:05 -0800 (PST)
---"Laura G." <savercool@email.msn.com> wrote:

> Hi Neil (and Emma)
>
> I'd heard the same thing too-about whacking ones head on the roll
bar. More
> people over the years have driven these LBCs without roll bars than
with-so,
> though a nice feature to have, I don't think it lessens anything to
not
> have. Just my 2 cents worth. :-)

I think I've asked this one before, but this email brought it back up
- how safe is the Spit in a rollover?  I've heard various comments,
and know of one guy who rolled over both a MKI and MKII on the frame,
and it held the car up.

Now, the windshield frame slope changed on the MKIV's and on (maybe
even the MKIII's?) - does this make it any less/more strong?  Anybody
know?

Just curious - I've debated the rollbar, but don't want to spoil the
looks, top clearance, etc.

Thanks!

Chip

==
Chip Mautz
Dacula, Ga, USA
'99 Jeep Wrangler Sport   -(O|||||||O)-
'71 Triumph Spitfire MKIV - 'Ol Smokey

The essence of an adventure is you never know how it will turn out.