Stromberg 175 or 200 conversion

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Stromberg 175 or 200 conversion
From: trunnell@mindspring.com (Glenn Trunnell)
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 21:57:59 -0500
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has done a conversion from the stock 150 CD carb to
the larger 175 or 200 Stromberg.  I've seen some articles that say that
conversion to the 175 ZS or to a 175 SU can give almost as nuch power as a
dual 150 setup.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  It looks like
only the intake manifold would have to be modified a little and that all
the smog gear could be kept easily.  Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Glenn