Nervous Tension - Update

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Nervous Tension - Update
From: Andrew Lindeman <drfaustus@london.crosswinds.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 15:05:46 -0500 (EST)
Just wanted to give you an update.

I first tried an allen wrench to compress it, but after it slipping off several
times, I gave it up.

I went to the string trick.  I wrapped the string around the tensioner twice.
Then around my finger a few times (Both ends). I was the best way.  With the
string wrapped around my finger, I could use both hands to help position the
cover.  You could even wrap the free ends of the string around the timing arrow
on the timing cover, then free it once in place.

I hope this helps some of you when you try this again.

Andy L.
'70 Spitfire