Re: FWD: Stumbles When Sprayed

To: Michael Graziano <mgrazian@ltcm.com>
Subject: Re: FWD: Stumbles When Sprayed
From: Reed Mideke <rmideke@interbase.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 16:19:13 -0800
In my expirience, the engine will stumble (as opposed to
increase rpm) if you spray on a leak (but any change in RPM
from spraying outside of the carb indicates a problem). Could
the spray be vaporizing on the exhaust and getting sucked into
a leak, perhaps where the intake meets the head ?
(The intake and exhaust are on the same side on the
 1500, right ?)

Can you hear an whistling sounds while the engine is idling ?
If so, I've found I can often find the area of the leak by moving
my hand around until it blocks the sound.

good luck.

--
Reed Mideke                                        rmideke@interbase.com
"If you sprayed carb cleaner on me, I'd stumble too"