Re: Spit Exhausts WAS: <no Subject>

To: "Ron Roach" <rroach@intouch.bc.ca>, <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Spit Exhausts WAS: <no Subject>
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 22:08:48 -0500
At 04:17 PM 11/3/98 -0800, Ron Roach wrote:
>While the spit is off the road for winter(hopefully a snowless Vancouver
>winter), I'm hoping to pull off the old "blue bottle" muffler and replace it
>with another performance muffler.  Has anyone used a "supertrapp" on their
>TR?

Nope Sorry.

 >Any other recommendations?

See if anyone has gotten tired of the Monza exhaust they put on last
spring.   You may be able to pick one up for "cheap".

Whatever you use, make sure it sticks out past the back of the car.   Then
only the people you pass will be annoyed by the noise.   :)

>  Also, has anyone used a noname cat converter on their cars to reduce
>emissions with any success?

OOHH NNOOO, first everyone was naming their CARS, now its the Catalytic
Converters?????

Seriously, has anyone ever tried to install one of those flexible pipes
(that looks like braided hose)?  They are reported to really cut down on
vibration.

Atwell Haines
The '79 Spitfire with no name.
Plain vanilla factory catalytic converter too.