trailers

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: trailers
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 1998 18:03:23 -0800
Listers,just my .02 FWIW dept., the hobby needs the trailered cars as
well as the drivers, as well as the under const., all are needed to keep
this very fine hobby to be able to continue it's growth the way it has
the past few years. Some tinkering now needs to be instituted into the
rules to keep a level show field for everyone involved. When a car is
judged in concours and wins his class in same, then he should be forever
entered in a veterans class with all past winners. The AACA does this in
three different stages always moving the car up until it is finally
retired from judging and then just shown. I would like to sight a recent
example of what I am refering too, and I quote, " this trailered car was
restored ten years ago and now has 100 miles on it. The car was, is, and
probably will be the most perfectly restored T/R for many more years to
come, but how many 1st. place & "Best of Show" has this car taken, does
it mean anything to the owner, I think not anymore, but here is this one
of kind being judged in concours and given it's umpteenth "BOS" and 495+
points awards, is this fair to rest of the show hobbiest,AACA does not
think so. When a car is trailered and one is driven then a point spread
needs to be established for both cars. When you work so long and so hard
to attain a level of showing a concours car, you do not need a car
entered that does the same thing ten times a year for ten years and still
gets the same awards. A retired veterans class needs to be establised
that encourages more and more people to enter their cars in all the shows
and still try harder to improve, but not against a long time veteran and
the very best in the country.