gas/oil

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: gas/oil
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 19:36:27 -0800
Listers, give this some thought on this recent posting of gas in the oil.
Always maintained 60psi oil pressure, overhauled the carbs. and not doing
the job correctley, adjusted them very,very rich, I now have 15 psi at
idle. For 15 years the psi has been 60, then what does a carb O/H have to
do with psi except diluted oil,now loaded with gas. The engine does not
go out just like that with no prior warning or signs of a problem, if you
had 60 psi before then you should still have it afterwards, change the
oil, & filter, make sure the carbs are correct and I bet its still 60psi
when you start it again, this to my way of thinking is not a blown engine
or a panick ready to blow engine, just go back to where you were before
you diluted the oil with gas. "If it ain't broke don't fix it".