Spit steering column and oil pan question

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spit steering column and oil pan question
From: Dave Chu <dave@ece.concordia.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 17:22:37 -0500
I finally got my order from Rimmer brother last week along with the upper
steering wheel bushing for my 78 Spit.  With the column off the car I notice
that there are some indentations on the on it which suggest one can adjust
its height.  Does anyone know if that is the case?

I also have my oil pan off.  It was leaking and I also had to retrieve a
broken fuel pump lever (note to all canucks; don't get a replacement fuel
pump from Canadian Tire).  I must have not been paying much attention when
I removed the oil pan but now I noticed there were two different lenghts of
bolts.  There are a total of 16, 10 short and 6 longer ones.  The Haynes
and Bently maual says the two long ones goes to the back of the pan.   But,
I have 6 long bolts, does that mean they go to the front and back of the
pan?

There was a discussion awhile back about replacing the bolts with studs.
Has anyone try this?  It seem it would make replacing the pan much more
easier.

PS: For those who are interested, the order from Rimmer was #83 and I ended
    up paying $53Can in duties and taxes.
Dave                                                  |\ |     | |
Dave Chu                                 \/  \/       | /|     | |
Dept. of Elec. & Comp. Eng.                           |/ |     | |
Concordia University              Voice:(514)848-3098   Fax:(514)848-2802
1455 de Maisonneuve W. H961       Email:dave@ece.concordia.ca
Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3G 1M8  http://www.ece.concordia.ca/~dave/addr.html