Re: Spit length

To: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Re: Spit length
From: "Ron and Angie" <nottingham@alltel.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 18:42:52 -0500

>My '78 owners manual says:
>
>Overall length: 156.3 in / 3970 mm
>Width: 58.5 in / 1488 mm
>Height (Bonnet up) : 45.6 in / 1159 mm
>Height (Bonnet down / top of windscreen): 43.7 in / 1110 mm
>Weight: 1761 lbs. / 799 kgs
>
>A '76 spit should be pretty much the same.

The '76 is about a foot longer, due to the bumper overriders, than the '71.
Let me check the manual.....

Length:
Mk I & II - 145 in
Mk III     - 147 in
Mk IV    - 145 in
1500      - 157.5 in (NA)

Width:
Mks I, II, III, IV - 57 in
1500              - 58.5 in

COOL! I was almost right on the mark about being a foot longer!  Who needs a
tape rule, when you can eye ball the length!

Have Fun!
Ron and Angie - Dalton, Ga
84 300ZX Turbo    77 Spitfire      92 Tempo GLS
62 Vitesse
"I have a tendancy to wear my mind on my sleeve.....
 I have a history of losing my shirt" - Bare Naked Ladies