Re: judging suggestions - ISCA method

To: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Subject: Re: judging suggestions - ISCA method
From: Susan Hensley <susan@bearcom.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 09:24:48 -0600
Hi Dave!

I too, have entered an ISCA event.  Maybe they do it differently in
Dallas.  I was in a class with about 8 other cars, and if I remember
correctly, there were only three trophies.  I didn't place, and wasn't
expecting to -- I just entered for fun.  The award presentation only
involved a couple of people on a stage with a pile of trophies, and
everyone gathered around on some folding chairs, chairs they brought, or
on the floor.  It dragged on forever and a day, and they wouldn't let
anyone leave the building with their cars until it was over, well past 9
pm on a Sunday.  (I managed to sneak out on a technicality -- I was
first in line and the security guard opened the door at 9 pm when she
was supposed to.  I and the two cars behind me got out and management
came around and slammed the door back down.  Whew!)  They didn't want
the noise of all the cars interfering with their award presentation.

I was less than impressed by the whole thing, but I really enjoyed
talking with everyone who stopped by our area (I was there with SCCA
with my race Spit), and loved looking at all of the other stuff.  They
had a burn-out contest outside that was fun, as well as a hydraulic
dancing car show.

I am glad you had such a good experience.  Maybe they have different
event management in different parts of the country.

Keep Triumphing,
Susan Hensley   :)