Re: Fuel Guage

To: ScottBarr8@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fuel Guage
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 21:33:23 -0600
Maybe operator should go back to bed....... <g>.

> Friends,
>
> Day 1 - Fuel guage ceases to register
> Day 2 - Operator foolishly believes the odometer and fails to fill up -
> walks to station Day 3 - GT6 refuses to start, quickly draining the
> battery - much fuel exits K&Ns Day 3 - (later) temps now in the 30s,
> operator taps on float bowls, GT6 starts Day 4 - (a.m.) temps in the 30s
> GT6 starts, operator leaves lights on in lot 30 mins. Day 5 - (p.m.)
> battery has not recovered, GT6 laughs at operator's attempts to start Day
> 6 - (a.m.) temps in the 20s, GT6 turns over twice and goes back to bed
>
> An unerring instinct and sharp mechanical sympathy tells me that something
> is wrong.  Is it likely that the failure of the fuel gauge is caused by a
> short which is also draining the battery?  Also likely that the empty-tank
> episode yielded tank/line crap which stuck one or both floats open and
> caused the driveway version of the Exxon Valdez?  Combination of causes?
> Other causes?
>
> Scott Barr
> ScottBarr8@aol.com
> 72 GT6

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
My 1st attempt at a web site. Http://www.141.com/triumphs

1964  Spitfire4            BFC25720L
1973  Spitfire Mk IV       (for sale or trade?)
1962 TR4                   CT288L (To Maine or bust)
1959 TR3A                  TS41311L (someday)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108