GT6 Advance Curve

To: "'spitfires@Autox.Team.Net'" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: GT6 Advance Curve
From: "Childs, David" <dchilds@epri.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 08:41:38 -0500
What is the advance curve for a GT6 +?  What is the maximum advance it
gets?  At what RPM is it maximum advance reached?  I am fighting the
timing on my GT6.  When I set it to the book setting 4 ATDC the car
runs poorly.  The more I advance it the better it runs.  However, if I
set it to about 4 BTDC I get a nasty knocking at high revs.  The best
setting I have found without knocking is at TDC.  It also looks like
my vacuum advance/retard is not functional.  Can anyone provide some
info on the above questions?

Thanks in advance

Dave C
Spit 6