MK2 Spit for sale

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MK2 Spit for sale
From: "Mostrom, Paul" <Mostrom.Paul@principal.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 19:44:36 -0600
I went out to a local British Car Restoration shop on Friday to look at a MK2
Spit (comm # FC800037, '66?) that the owner of the shop had for sale (he
rebuilds Jags and doesn't want to bother with  a Spitfire!).  Anyway the car
is pretty rough, front bumper missing, rear corner bumpers are in the trunk,
doors are ok, seats are there, gauges and glass are there, the tub is ok,
except the floorpan and trunk floor have holes.  The worst part and the reason
I didn't buy it was the bonnet had a big hole cut in it to allow the GM
4-banger to stick out!  The spare bonnet that goes with the car was in good
shape, but turned out to be for a MK3. There was no tranny in the car, but the
owner thought that he had one for it and I did see the original 1147 engine,
with twin SU carbs.  Anyway, if there is anyone out there interested, he's
asking $300, it's located in central Iowa.  Email me and I can forward the
number and person to contact.

No financial interest, just hate to see a 32 year old Spitfire rust to
nothing.

Thanks,
Paul Mostrom
'77 Spitfire 1500

'Black holes, where God divided by zero......'