re: rich mixture

To: "spitfires" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re: rich mixture
From: "Ron Roach" <rroach@intouch.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 22:36:11 -0800
Bob:  Nope, no cat converter on it.  I wonder if there's something wonky
with these carbs then.  I'll have to recheck the jets and make sure that
they were actually replaced.  The shaft bushings were done.  The thing gets
pretty good gas mileage, I just think it runs a little rich at idle and the
carbs  shouldn't have to be almost turned off in order to idle right. So
you're running these carbs on an otherwise stock engine?
I definitely notice more power on the top end of the revs compared to the 1
1/4 SUs.

ron
'78 spit