RE: Modern silencers

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, gt6in@yahoo.com
Subject: RE: Modern silencers
From: KEVIN EDDINS <eddinsk@NRISO.NOLA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 11:06:40 -0600
I took my spitfire to the local muffler shop and they fit one without too
much price.  Since it was not made for the spit, they didn't warranty the
muffler.  I agree with you on the problems of the loud muffler.

It has been 2.5 years with no problems.

Kevin

>>> Thomas Carney <gt6in@yahoo.com> 11/23/98 10:16am >>>
  Anyone have any inputs on a modern application of a muffler on for a
GT6?  The Monza is fine for now but I give it about a 3yr life
expectancy.  It just seems that the $289 for the muffler it a lot, the
reason for me getting the Monza in the beginning..  Anyway the 7hr
ride to school warrented some unwanted ear ringing the next day or two
after...Like a one note concert I suppose...  I would like to maintain
the 1 into 2 for of the monza and just put two REAL mufflers from
there.  Maybe an ecno box of day would be the have right muffler?

Tom