Re: voltage stabilizer?

To: shmitty99@hotmail.com, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: voltage stabilizer?
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 12:58:07 EST
In a message dated 98-11-21 14:18:45 EST, shmitty99@hotmail.com writes:

> Hi fellow listers.  Today's problem is that my two electrical gauges
>  stopped working this morning.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say
>  that the two problems are related.  I know there is a voltage stabilizer
>  somewhere, could this be the problem?

Ryan,

Do your windshield wipers and your turn signals work? If so, it's probably a
bad stabilizer; if not, then you either have a blown fuse or a bad connection
in the green wire to the stabilizer and the other loads.

I'm not sure where the stabilizer is located on a Spit, but you can find it by
tracing the light green/green wires form the instruments - they will lead you
to the stabilizer. Check for voltage on the green wire at the stabilizer (the
green wires will only have voltage when the key is on). If you have voltage
here, the stabilizer is bad; if not, look for a problem in the green wire
circuit. Somewhere between the fuse and the stabilizer, you will find a break
or a bad connection.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://www.sky.net/~boballen/mg/Masters/index.html