Clutch Weirdness

To: Spitfire Mail List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Clutch Weirdness
From: Bill Manning <gripdad@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 10:50:09 +0000
Fellow Triumphants,

I got home tonight & before shutting the car off popped the clutch with
the
car in gear (the topper to the day from HELL). The car stalled out. I
went
to push the clutch pedal in and it wouldn't easily go down. I restarted
the
car & the pedal moves now, but the clutch doesn't seem to do anything. I

checked the fluid resevoir and it is about 1/3 full. Any thoughts on
what
I've done to the car?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Milotay, Principal
On the Mark Software & Consulting

Mark,
    It could be that you broke one of the four springs in your clutch
disk. I had this happen in my first vintage race and I hear it is quite
common with stock clutches in racing Spitfires. The clutch would not
disengage even though I had some peddle pressure.    --Bill-- VARA EP
Spitfire #3