Re: 1:18th Die-Cast Spitfire

To: Bill Davies <daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com>
Subject: Re: 1:18th Die-Cast Spitfire
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 09:04:06 -0800
>Also, a German company called CHRONO is scheduled to release a diecast
>Spitfire MkIV in the same scale. Anyone seen this one yet?
************************************
Yes, actually I have one of the 1:18 scale Spitfires.  I plan on getting
another and transplanting a "Model" V6 and painting it my car color.  Yeah,
I know, I'm a nut.  It's an interesting mix of years, though.  Kinda like
my project 70 Spitfire.  Its a USA left hand drive model MKIV, MKIV wheels,
bumper overrides, but with what appears to be a UK spec 1500 with twin SU's
and no side marker body lamps.  Seats without headrests, UK spec? 1500
turn/park style lamps probably a few other oddities that I cant' recall at
the moment.  (I don't have the model in front of me).  Its rather well done
though, right down to the backbone frame, hinging front bonnet, and exhaust
system.

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire