Reply from Tim Suddard on Rotary Spitfire

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Reply from Tim Suddard on Rotary Spitfire
From: GRMTim@aol.com
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 19:42:37 EST
I don't think some of you get the whole Rotary Spitfire thing. It isn't really
a matter of whether or not the Rotary powered Spitfire is better or worth the
money.
A Spitfire is a wonderful little car. In fact, it is my favorite car, even
with the less than stellar 1500 engine. I speak from some experience, as I
have probably owned at least a dozen Spitfires, as well as virtually all the
other popular classic cars out there. I've owned a Sunbeam Tiger, a Shelby
Mustang, a TVR Griffith, BMW 2002, Triumph TR3-TR7 etc. etc. In my mind, the
Spitfire holds up pretty well on this list.
The object was to take my favorite car and perfect it. It isn't a contest as
to who is right, it is an engineering exercise that I wanted to tackle. I have
tackled it and despite the difficulties, I think I have succeeded. Have I
ruined a classic car, not in my mind... as I started with an abandoned parts
car, not a pristine example.

Tim Suddard/Publisher/Grassroots Motorsports

P.S. I have also learned one heck of a lot about Spitfire in the process!